Ellie liked to sleep in the bed, drink her water out of the faucet and generally boss everyone around. She was a beautiful hound with gorgeous markings. I always thought she looked like she was wearing eye liner. At night, when she was ready to settle down, if you were sitting in her spot on the couch, she would bark constantly, urging you to MOVE. And if you didn't, the Diva would wait until you got up and quickly steal your seat.
I know how incredibly hard this is for Dallas and Chris. Dogs are our family members and Ellie was Dallas' baby. We are all so sad and thinking about you. And Smelly Ellie, we will miss you, sweet girl.
"It is not just that animals make the world more scenic or picturesque. The lives of animals are woven into our very being - closer than our own breathing - and our soul will suffer when they are gone."

Lindsey, you do such a good job with your blogs. This is a beautiful tribute to our No. 1 Grand Dog. I loved her as if she were my own (and she was for a few weeks :) ) I will miss her sassiness and her wrinkled forehead. Hope you are running like the wind in Heaven, Sweet Ellie, and that you have found your old buddy Lucy. 'Til we meet again.
ReplyDeleteLove you ~~~~ Nana