I felt super guilty that I was not able to make it to the mall for the obligatory picture with Santa. Honestly, I just didn't want to stand in the 3 hour long line with a baby. So imagine how thrilled I was to see Santa at the gas station on I-81 in Virginia...on CHRISTMAS EVE!
When we got to my parents house in Roanoke, we were ready to continue celebrating Christmas. We had Christmas Eve dinner with my family. We enjoyed appetizers, drinks, and a poem recitation from my Grandma - "Dear Me, It's Almost Christmas." She learned this poem when she was only 7 years old and can still recite it nearly perfectly. We have scoured the internet to try to find it, but have never been able to.
Our dinner was great - except the boys managed to somehow overcook the meat. They claim it was the grill...right! I think it was the Mad Elf!
 |
| Nana, Aunt D, Dylan, Papa |
 |
| Pretty tree |
 |
| Ready for Santa |
 |
| Girls |
 |
| Dylan with Aunt Jane |
 |
| My little candy cane! |
 |
| Cousins - Lindsey and Carol |
 |
| Festive table setting |
 |
| Saying goodnight to great-gma so D can wait for Santa |
 |
| Dinner |
 |
| Dinner |
 |
| Dallas, Jane, and Grandma |
 |
| Sisters |
No comments:
Post a Comment