Saturday, December 31, 2011

99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

HAPPY 99th BIRTHDAY TO MY GRANDMA!  I have talked a lot about her on this blog, so you all know how amazing she is and how much I love her.

I talk to Grandma just about every weekend.  We normally talk about current events or Dylan's new favorite food.  But sometimes, she'll tell me about her life with Papa when he was in the military and of their adventures living all over the country.  Or about their first date and how she was originally set up with another guy.  Since Dylan's birth, she marvels at all of the "necessary things" we have for babies now.  When she was a baby, her mom put her in the wood box since there was no such thing as a pack-and-play!  She really has seen so much change since her birth in 1912 and she has a very interesting perspective on the world today.

I'd say this was a superb birthday...we enjoyed a GREAT Thanksgiving meal, yummy dessert, presents, and a bonfire!
Birthday Girl!
Dave delivering the birthday pie
"Happy Birthday Dear Grandma!"
Annual Santa Gourd
Grandma's picture book from Dylan
Bonfire fun


Keeping warm

No comments:

Post a Comment