Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dear Bry Guy

Bryant,
My sweet little boy.  How did this year fly by so fast?  This second go round has been a whirlwind.  Life has been on fast-forward since the moment you arrived in our world.  And yet, I can barely remember what it was like before we were a family of four.

You are such a sweet little thing.  You are so happy...so easy.  You are a snuggler and my little lover.  People always comment on your sweet disposition and cute little smile.  You are just happy.

I feel so blessed.  I don't think many people would be too surprised to know that I had hoped that my second baby would be a girl - that I would get to dress this new baby in all of the ridiculously cute, frilly, girly outfits.  But I knew.  I knew from the start that I would have another son, and I thank God that he gave me my second little boy.  You have been an incredible joy in my life and such a fantastic and necessary addition to our little puzzle.  You were just what I needed.

You absolutely adore Dylan.  Now that you are older, the two of you find each other to be hilarious.  I listen to the two of you deep-belly laughing in the morning and I wonder what I did to be so lucky.  I am so excited to see how the relationship will develop between my two boys.  And I know that you will both grow to depend on each other in the same way that I do on my siblings.

This time, as parents, we are more experienced.  We are more confident and relaxed than we were with Dylan.  And I feel that your personality must be a little bit of a reflection of that calmness.  You are just an easy-going guy.  You do love to be held - and I have been accused, on more than one occasion, of holding you too much.  Which might explain why you chose to wait until the day before your first birthday to actually start crawling.  But you know what?  I don't care.  Because I know, all too well, how quickly these days go by.  Besides, who could resist your sweet little coos of joy every time I give you kisses!?

I love you so very much, my sweet Bry-Guy.  I am eager to see you grow and I am already so proud of you each time you hit a new milestone.  You made me a mommy again, and in doing so, forced me to grow.  As Dr. Seuss might say, on April 26th, 2013, my "small heart grew three sizes that day."  To think that I have experienced this sort of love again is almost beyond words.  I love you forever and always.  Happy Birthday, my sweet baby!

Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment