Monday, August 15, 2011

Taubman Museum of Art

We were finally able to walk through the new Taubman Museum in Roanoke.  I have been interested in touring this building ever since construction began a few years ago.  The whole family enjoyed lunch at Nora's Cafe and then walked upstairs to the museum.  The building itself is quite impressive, but there were also several interesting art pieces on display to enjoy.
Mom and Dad
Dave and Ashley
My Brother...as art
Coolest display - crystal encrusted purses
Dylan's first visit to an art museum
H & C Coffee, Dr. Pepper Sign, and Roanoke Star


After we finished exploring the museum, we spent some time walking around the market downtown.  Roanoke's farmers' market features produce from local growers as well as unique art from talented artisans.  It is typically bustling with people and I can always find something that I just HAVE to buy.


New tile work outside of the renovated Market Building
Sisters
Cousins
Dallas and Chris - awwwww!
"Uncle Chris, I just LOVE your beard!"
It's not often that we are all together in one place.  We had a nice day being tourist in our hometown!

No comments:

Post a Comment