Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Big Boy is Three!

This has been a year of big changes for you, my sweet boy.  By far,  the biggest and best change of all - you became a big brother.  And an amazing big brother you are!  You love your brother.  You share your toys with him, you kiss him, and you make him laugh.  I am so eager to see you two grow and play together.  You talk in complete sentences and we have now transitioned our language focus to grammar.  However, I must admit that I think you are the cutest thing when you hide and scream, "Mommy, where are me!?"  You also know your colors, how to count, several shapes, and the alphabet.  You have also been completely potty-trained since Halloween!  That might be mommy's and daddy's favorite change!  This month, you will also be moving up to the 3's classroom with the other big kids!

By far, your favorite thing is cars.  You have about 1000 cars, or so it seems.  And for Christmas, you even asked Santa Clause for "too many cars."  Well my boy, Santa (and your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins) delivered!  You also have a few favorite movies, but are especially fond of anything with Lightening McQueen and Mater.  Boo-boo, E-E, and E-E's Brother (who was actually intended to replace 'ole E-E!) are still your favorite buddies.  You are also a baby of this technological age - you can navigate an iPad or Kindle like a pro!

You have the sweetest little personality and such a good heart.  You're a pretty happy guy!  Your two teachers tell us every week what a kind and caring child you are.  All of the children greet you with excitement when you get to school in the morning.  You are not as rambunctious as some of the other kids in your class, but you still have fun riding the bikes and doing art projects.   You have started making jokes this year and giggle when you say something silly.  And when Bryant cries, you try to make him feel better by giving him his paci or telling mommy to feed him.  You enjoy your rowdy time with Daddy, playing tag with Mommy, and chasing Callie around the house.

You still love music...a lot.  You like to sing, you like to listen to music, you like to play music.  When certain songs come on, you remember which of your family members is especially fond of that song or if you have heard it in a movie.  You and I also sing songs to each other.  Dylan, you are my sunshine, my only sunshine!

We recently got your longer blonde locks cut into a short new hair style.  I absolutely love it and you look so handsome.  But it transformed you instantly and made me quickly realize that you are no longer the tiny baby who I fell in love with three years ago.  These baby days are fleeting fast and I find myself grasping to these sweet moments with you.  I sure am thankful that you love your mommy and still want to hug me and snuggle with me.  And hearing those sweet words, "Mommy, you're my best friend" make me smile every time.  But I also continue to be amazed by the growth you show every day.

My little Dyl-Pickle, I'm looking forward to your next year and all of our adventures together.  Constantly, I wonder how these past three years have gone by so quickly, but at the same time, I can hardly remember my life before you.  I love being a mommy...I love being your Mommy.  Happy Birthday, Dylan.  I love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment