You are a little talker and have just started speaking in full sentences. You are a good eater, but you especially love cookies - you'd eat them for breakfast if I'd let you! You have a love for cars (or as you call them, "beep-beeps"), a mild obsession with shoes, and Mickey Mouse is your favorite. You enjoy bath time and take advantage of every opportunity to splash your pal, Callie. You are also starting to use the potty and you are so proud of yourself. Mommy and Daddy are also quite happy with this recent interest!
You are still REALLY into music. Santa brought you a drum set for Christmas this year and you immediately sat down to play - my little drummer boy! We also finally had my Mema's piano delivered to the house, and to say you were excited is an understatement. We play together almost every day. And you sing...particularly before nap time, and it is the sweetest sound. But you don't just make music, you truly FEEL it. You just can't help yourself at the sound...you HAVE to dance!
You LOVE your Daddy. Every morning, he greets you in your room. You come downstairs with him, carrying BooBoo and E-E and ask for breakfast and "mulk." But you spend your evenings snuggling with Mommy. You hand out your kisses freely, and I request them pretty frequently! You love your entire family. You know everyone by name and can pick them out in pictures. You get so excited for our video chats with your grandparents and aunts and uncles. And you especially love playing with your two cousins, Maddox and Wyatt.
I'm so happy to see how much you enjoy the company of other little children, because this year, you will become a big brother. I am confident that you will teach your baby brother everything that he needs to know, and some things that he doesn't! You are going to love having a little buddy around, although I do not think you really know what is coming. When I point to my belly, you always say, "Baby!" And you even kiss Mommy's belly sometimes, which is beyond cute. In about four months, we will be a family of 4 and I cannot wait to give you the gift of a sibling.
Dylan, I love you more than I ever thought possible. And incredibly, that love just seems to grow right along with you. I crave your hugs and kisses and I anxiously await the minute you wake after each nap and every morning so I can hear your little voice. You are the little love of my life. I can't wait to see what this year will bring! I love you, baby!
xoxo,
Mommy

this brought tears to my eyes!!! BEAUTIFUL tribute to your not-so-baby boy!! - Stacy
ReplyDeleteHe is such a sweet BIG boy!
ReplyDelete